Refresh - Renew! Aimee thank you so very much for honoring me with this award. It is wonderful to connect with other bloggers and help each other out.
First I will answer Aimee's questions and then I will share with you my nominations for the Liebster Award.
1. When did I start blogging?
I didn't know anything about blogging prior to 2008. I started looking at some blogs then and set up an account on blogger at that time but didn't do anything with it. Then in July of 2012 I wrote my first post but had so many things happening in my life that the time wasn't just right. I consider April of 2013 the date I officially started blogging.
2. What got you to take the leap into blogging?
Hmm....a change of life - a big change of life - many changes - everything changed. It was time for a change and with my background in building homes and my love of houses and design it seemed like a natural thing for me to do to start blogging about my knowledge and my interest.
3. How often do you post?
I want to post 5 days a week. In reality right now it is about twice a week - if I am lucky. Sometimes I get sidetracked by trying to do all the other things that I believe are necessary for a blog to survive, like finding followers, commenting on other blogs, linking up to parties, etc., It is a lot to learn in the beginning but I think I am getting the hang of things. I have learned so much it is amazing.
4. What is your biggest unanswered question about setting up your blog?
I don't know if it is unanswered but setting up my titles across the top of my blog is still an issue for me and I am still trying to figure it out. I want it to look great and of course be functional. It is a work in process.
5. Do you have a favorite project?
Um, yes but probably not what you were meaning by project. My favorite project is life, living it, appreciating it, taking it kindly as it is given, questioning it, exploring it. I think we are all a project of ourselves. For years the question was, "who am I?" Now the question is, "who do I want to be."
6. What is your favorite dinner food?
Seafood. I grew up along the Chesapeake Bay and I love seafood. First and foremost - crabs! Crab cakes, crab balls, imperial crabs, stuffed crab, anything crab, and then shrimp.
7. What is your one guilty pleasure?
Books, not just one, but many. I love to read books, all kinds of books. You can find me on goodreads where I share my love of reading. I would love for you to join me.
8. What is one unusual fact about you?
I am a curious person - very curious! I like to know things, all kind of things. People and psychology interest me greatly. The question, "why did you do that?" I find highly interesting. Sometimes I feel like I am a bit of a detective and unfortunately I find myself asking people questions that might not be any of my business. I just have an appetite for a lot of information.
9. Where do you find quiet time?
I am a quiet person by nature. I find quiet time everywhere, books, nature, walks, reading, blogs, magazines. I get easily overwhelmed in group settings and although I love getting together with friends I am most comfortable by myself, and with my fur baby, Priscilla and my husband.
10. Favorite family activity?
Probably eating meals together. It is probably the time that we share the most about what we did today or what we want to do in life.
11. How many states have you lived in?
1. St. Leonard, MD, 2. Kane, PA, 3. Huntsville, AL, 4. Cape Canaveral, FL, 5. Birmingham, AL, 5. New Orleans, 6. Dallas TX - which is where I currently live.
NOW here are the Blogs that I have nominated!
Please take the time to visit them and say hello!
Okay nominees, now it is your time to answer my questions!
1. Why did you start blogging? What is it you hope to accomplish by blogging? What is the purpose of your blog?
2. In what ways have you found it successful for you to connect with other bloggers?
3. Are you using Pinterest to connect with everyone? You can find my Pinterest account here. Are your finding Pinterest valuable to you in your blogging and if so how are you using Pinterest to build a following?
4. Have you ever been to a blogging event and if so what ones and did you find it beneficial and would you recommend it to other bloggers?
5. What do you love about blogging?
6. Are you on Google+ and if so have you found it beneficial for building connections for you and your blog?
7. What did you do prior to blogging?
8. What type of photography equipment do you use and how important do you think photography is to your blog?
9. Do you entertain a lot in your home and if so what sort of entertaining is it that you most enjoy? Do you blog about your entertaining?
10. What does your immediate family and extended family and friends think about you blogging and are they supportive of you?
11. The final question! What are your future aspirations for your blog? Where do you want your blogging to take you?
Cedar Hill Ranch
A Stroll Thru Life